Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Monday, July 26, 2010

The Attitude of the Three Hairs

"A woman wakes up and discovers she has only three hairs left, and she says, "Great, I'll braid them!" The second morning, she wakes up and sees that she has only two hairs, and says, "Fantastic, I love a middle part!" The third day, she wakes up and sees that she has only one hair. So she smiles and says, "I look great with a ponytail!" The fourth day, she wakes up and laughs at her hairless head, saying, "I can sleep a few extra minutes, because I don't have to do my hair!"

And the moral of the story is that we should all be thankful for baldness.
from Navigating the Land of IF - Understanding Infertility and Exploring Your Options, Melissa Ford.

I like how she took whatever situation she was in and spoke a positive word. As each morning presented a different circumstance with her hair, she was innovative in her outlook. She was creative in figuring out how she was going to deal with it, and was joyful about it!

So, what can you take away from this story today?

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:18

2 comments:

  1. yep, its all how we look at it.......thank you for encouraging perspective this morning!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again wonderful!
    love ya'
    h

    ReplyDelete