Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Good News!

There is nothing like good news! I am sure all of you would agree with me on that! Yesterday, I received some good news!

Most of you know, but for those of who you don't, last year God led to me to start a website, an online ministry to reach out to those who are suffering with infertility. Last month, 50 days ago, (yes, I am counting) it was severely hacked, totally shut down, annihilated...Gone! I must say, it was a big blow to me.

However, yesterday I received some good news! The problem was resolved and with a few new steps and direction the website will be up soon!

I can't begin to describe the feeling upon hearing the good news. There was such a lifting in my heart, a fresh wind to push me forward, instilling hope in me again. So...it had me thinking...to search for scriptures with the phrase, 'good news'. I'd like to share some of these with you today.

"Bright eyes gladden the heart, good news puts fat on the bones." Proverbs 15:30
(I think I feel a lil' chubby today! ~smiles~)

"Like cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25

"How lovely on the mountain are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness who announces salvation, and says to Zion, "Your God reigns." Isaiah 52:7

What about you? Are you waiting for some news? Whether your pregnancy test is positive? A good report from your doctor? Or to know whether the new client accepted your contract? Or you if received the new job? Whatever it may be, I am praying for you will receive good news and it will be soon!

I love all of the scriptures above, but the last one in Isaiah is a gentle reminder to me. What about me? Will I be a bearer of good news today? To tell someone that Jesus Christ loves them and has not forgotten about them? That there is salvation in only One...Jesus Christ? As it has been a reminder to me, also may it be a reminder to you. Be a bearer of Good News, the gospel of Jesus Christ to someone today!

*Thank You* to all who have prayed for Dancing Upon Barren Land Ministry, who have given me counsel and encouraged me during this wait, you know who you are!

3 comments:

  1. praise the Lord!!! looking forward to reading more on your site!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's wonderful news, so glad it will be up and going again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Leslie! These are wonderful scriptures to think upon during the day. I'm so happy that Good Prevails!! God is Good!

    ReplyDelete