Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Morning Prayer

Tears.

Those tiny drops of humanity. Those round, wet balls of fluid that tumble from our eyes, creep down our cheeks, and splash on the floor of our hearts. They were there that day. They are always present at such times. They should be; that’s their job. They are miniature messengers; on call twenty-four hours a day to substitute for crippled words. They drip, drop and pour from the corner of our souls, carrying with them the deepest emotions we possess. They tumble down our faces with announcements that range from the most blissful joy to darkest despair.

The principle is simple; when the words are most empty, tears are most apt.

From No Wonder They Call Him Savior, Max Lucado.

Prayer:

“Give me the courage to cry.
Help me to understand that tears bring
freshly washed color arching across the soul,
colors that wouldn’t be there apart from the rain.

Help me to see in the prism of my tears,
something of the secret of who I am.

Give me the courage
not only to see what those tears are revealing
but to follow where they are leading.

And help me to see,
somewhere over the rainbow,
that where they are leading me home.”

Amen.

From Windows of the Soul, Ken Gire.


These words, eloquently written express the essence of our tears. If you’ve been on the infertility journey for any amount of time, I’m sure you’ve expressed some tears yourself. I know that I have. What I love about our Everlasting Father is He sees these tears and He says He puts our tears in a bottle, Psalm 56:8. I think He has many bottles with my name on them!

What I LOVE even more about our God is this…

“O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it. He will answer you.”
Isaiah 30:19

Beloved child of God, be encouraged today! He is nearer than the very breath you breathe, with tissue He dries your eyes and with His voice He quiets your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment