Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Morning Prayer


This morning's prayer topic is grief. Yes, I know, it is not a light-hearted topic for a Monday morning. However, whether your longing for a child, experienced the monthly disappointment of negative pregnancy tests, a miscarriage or stillbirth, or possibly received the final report from the doctor that there is no hope for you to conceive, then grief raises its ugly head!

But I can assure you from my own experience with grief there is One, His name is Jesus Christ, who can lift the burden of grief and mend your broken heart. As the Bible says of Jesus in Isaiah 53:3, "A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief."

In the next few days I'll be sharing more of my own personal journey. Plus, starting this Friday I'll start posting weekly, Fertility Fact Friday's, offering valuable information and resources to give you some spiritual nourishment while on the infertility road.

If you're experiencing grief, pray this prayer, His Word below. I'm trusting Him you'll be comforted and to know that the God of all comfort loves you today!

Lesli

GRIEF

“Heavenly Father, God of compassion, I praise you that You are the God of all comfort. I ask you to remove this burden of grief from my heart for I believe that You care for me. Thank you that You sent your Son, Jesus Christ, who was acquainted and can identify with my sorrow and grief. I ask You to turn this mourning into joy, and I praise You that joy will be my strength for the days ahead. Thank You.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Nehemiah 8:10, Isaiah 53:4 NAS, Isaiah 58:11, II Corinthians 1:3-4

For more resources visit, www.dancinguponbarrenland.com/resources.html.

2 comments:

  1. The greif associated with the loss of a loved one is born from the same feelings of grief for the absence of the loved one not yet created. As you have always so elloquently penned, there IS comfort in knowing that loved one is in the presence of our Might King and Saviour. The grief in our loss is from the hole left behind or for the void not yet filled. We wish our to be with them but cherish the hope of a reunion in the eternity ahead. God Bless You and I'm prayin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete