Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Friday, September 10, 2010

Fertility Fact Friday

Is infertility just a woman’s issue?

· There is a misnomer referring to infertility as a female related problem, yet that is further from the truth. The breakdown of statistics show to be about 40 percent diagnosed with female factor, 40% diagnosed with male factor and 20% diagnosed with unexplained infertility or a combination of both female and male factor infertility.

· I like what author Melissa Ford states in her book, Navigating the Land of IF. “Due to your partner’s infertility diagnosis, I beg you to tread lightly, knowing that those who hold the diagnosis usually hold a great deal of shame. Make sure you clearly differentiate anger with the situation from anger at the person, and clearly support your partner in seeing infertility as a problem you share together.

No matter if one or both of you are diagnosed with infertility, support for one other is crucial. It is vital! One cannot walk this barren road alone. Below are some scriptures to ponder:

Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.” Isaiah 50:7

“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12


No comments:

Post a Comment