Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Sunday, September 12, 2010

He Sees, He Cares


One day last summer, I was asked by my dear friend, JoAnn to babysit all four of her boys, seven years and younger. Yikes! Seriously though, it went well and I enjoyed my time with them immensely!

As we were sitting eating our sandwiches, the eldest, Matthew, whom I call 'my little friend', looked up at me intently and with his mouth partially full of PB&J said, "Aunt Lesli, why don't you have kids?"

I replied, "Well Matthew, I am waiting on God to give them to me. I just keep asking and praying."

I looked down at my sandwich and let out a sigh, in that moment, in a split second, I had a choice; to allow a lead weight to sink into my heart (again) OR to ponder and take thought to what was said.

To BELIEVE from the mouth of a seven year old, that there is Jesus, who sees and cares for you and I.

It’s in moments like these I am drawn to Him and His Word. It refreshes me and keeps me focused upon the journey ahead.

Allow me to share with you what He says to us...

He sees...

"You are the God who sees me." Genesis 16:13

"For He views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens." Job 28:24

He cares...

"He cares for those who trust Him." Nahum 1:7


"that because God cares, cares right down to the last detail." James 5:10

"He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." I Peter 5:7 MSG

Notice the key words: sees everything, cares, detail, affectionately and watchfully. So much so, He reminded me again of His love from ‘my little friend’, Matthew.

I hugged my dear friend, JoAnn and kissed her children ‘good-bye’, bidding them farewell. As I was getting into my car, I heard a little voice coming from behind me. Turning around I saw ‘my little friend’, Matthew stepping out from his siblings. Walking in the scorching Texas heat in his socks, with arms opened wide he said, "Good-bye Aunt Lesli, I love you!" embracing me with another hug.

Can you capture from this experience the vision of a loving and caring God, your Heavenly Father? Each day, at almost every moment, we have a choice. My sister and brother, He has not forsaken you! This simple story shows how He sees deeply and cares for us intimately!

I encourage you to believe this today!

Sharing with you Christ’s love,

Lesli




1 comment:

  1. Great post Les. So true in all areas of our life. We make the choice.
    H

    ReplyDelete