Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Friday, November 12, 2010

Forward & Upward

My husband and I took a short, well-needed break last week. We flew to Idaho, explored some beauty of the state and stayed with some great friends! We left for our trip very early in the morning. As we were rushing through the airport I ask myself ‘Why do I plan these early flights? Then I answer myself “Because it’s cheaper!” After all it’s about getting a good deal, right?

As we taxied out to the runway in darkness for our departure, it started to sprinkle. As we climbed higher in altitude, it began to storm. I had a window seat near the wing and peering out the window looked like chaos! There were strong winds, pelting rain, and flashing lights from the aircraft.

A myriad of thoughts rummaged in my head:

I am not pelted by rain...

I am dry

The storm is raging...

I am sheltered

I am not tossed to and fro by the strong winds...

I have a foundation, or in this case a paid seat in row 11, seat F

I am not stagnate...

I am moving upward and forward due to the thrust of power

These collected thoughts and scripture remind me of how good and great God is to us.

We may be pelted with set backs and disappointments, it could be a negative medical report or news that our job is ending, but we have God’s protection.

Psalm 61:3 AMP
“For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.”

Psalm 91:1
“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”

Just like the storm, things feel shaky and may not look pretty on the outside. There may be tension in our family or a strain in working relationships, or our finances may look bleak. Yet we have a sure foundation through Jesus Christ.

II Thessalonians 3:3 AMP

Yet the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen [you] and set you on a firm foundation and guard you from the evil [one].”

Hebrews 11:1 MSG
The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see.”

As I sat on the plane the effect of the storm did not touch or stop us, the powerful engines kept us moving in spite of what was coming against us. In our minds we think we are not moving on in life, stagnate, in a rut, but the unseen powerful hand of God is moving us forward and upward.

Psalm 138:8
“The Lord will work out his plans for my life- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.”

Jeremiah 29:11
“I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.”

Job 17:9
“The righteous keep moving forward and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”

The start of the early morning flight was dreary, wet and chaotic, but the view at dawn was quite different, as you can see in the picture above. He knows the end from the beginning!

Proverbs 4:18
“But the path of the righteous is like the light of the dawn, that shines brighter and brighter unto the full day.”

Friend, that’s our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment