Welcome!

My prayer is for you to draw near to God as you wait to be expecting. Whether you are waiting on a child, a change in life or a need to be met, let these words encourage you! "We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."
Romans 8:24-25 MSG





Friday, October 8, 2010

Fertility Fact Friday



For this Fertility Fact Friday we'll continue to look at how to honor God through the infertility process. These questions are taken from the book, Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake. A great resource for individuals and small groups. I highly recommended it.


Am I Honoring God, Part 2

Am I investing more time and effort into the pursuit of parenthood than into my relationship with God?

I am called to trust God to fully provide the resources for whatever path He leads me to follow. Am I being faithful in my financial obligations to God (tithes and offerings) and others (debt)? Am I envious of those who seem to have more resources and abilities to grow their families? (Financial issues of fertility challenges give new meaning to “We can’t afford to have kids.”)

Am I waiting on God’s perfect timing?

Ecclesiastes 3:1 “There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—.”

If this path ultimately leads to parenthood, can I explain to my child, without shame or secrecy, exactly how she joined our family?

Is it both acceptable and beneficial in God’s sight?

All different types of procedures and options may be presented to you, but it is important for you to pray and ask God if it is permissible for you. If God has not given you a peace about a particular procedure or plan, then wait. “Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial.” I Corinthians 6:12

Am I trying to force God’s hand?

Sometimes God gives us less than the best He desires for us because we BEG Him to do so, just as He conceded to the demands of Israel, see I Samuel 8:6-22. Other questions you can ask yourself: Am I trying to manipulate my way to a baby? Am I willing ot accept God’s best for my life, or do I want to be in the driver’s seat and demand what I perceive to be best?

1 comment:

  1. So true Les, this thought came to me last spring break "I am willing to settle, but God is not!"
    H

    ReplyDelete